Thursday, 17 August 2017
Lesson 2 – Setting The Scene
Continuing On the Road
- Discover what will be covered during the unit and clarify the definition of sexuality education.
- Sexuality education is a lifelong process. Our sexuality encompasses all that we are spiritually, physically, intellectually and emotionally. It is a natural part of us all and is present from the day we are born – we often need help to own it and use it in positive ways.
- Puberty is a natural process whereby our bodies change from that of a child to an adult.
- Everybody goes through puberty and it is a natural, normal process.
- Changes at puberty will happen at a different time for everyone.
- As we go through adolescence, our bodies, feelings and emotions change.
- People have a large number of thoughts and opinions when it comes to sexuality.
- Listening to and being exposed to a range of opinions helps us to form our own.